What is a Freight Technology Platform?
A freight technology platform is a custom-built, cloud-based software application to connect shippers (individuals and businesses) with freight carriers. In this article we will focus on the freight technology platform basics.
A freight technology platform functions like one big online marketplace which allows shippers to ask for freight quotes from multiple freight carriers and couriers, then compare prices, and choose the best one that suits their needs and delivery time frames.
The technology working behind the scenes does all the work of connecting the customer with the freight carrier. With direct two-way access to the carrier’s Application Programming Interface (API), and One World Courier’s API, both platforms swap information about availability to accept the booking and monitor the movement of freight from pickup to delivery, with updates of the delivery status at regular intervals as the delivery progresses.
Is it cheaper to go direct with a freight company?
If you choose to go directly with a freight carrier or courier company, the price you pay can differ from that of a freight technology platform provider. You could face higher freight cost when dealing direct with a carrier, because for the most part, carriers prefer a regular supply of work from resellers and brokers of their freight services.
Continued investment in freight technology platforms.
Freight carriers, transport companies and smaller courier delivery services are still investing heavily in digital technology which integrates with freight software developers such as One World Courier. One World Courier created and developed its own freight marketplace which operates in a similar way to websites like Skyscanner, WebJet, Trivago, or Booking.com. Sign up for a FREE account with One World Courier .
Our Freight Management Platform is packed with of features to make online freight bookings easy and transparent. The platform gives customers the ability to get instant quotes, and compare shipping services and prices from a huge range of carriers who have the capacity to take your freight wherever you need it to go.
How to choose the best freight carrier.
When it comes to shipping anything and everything, choosing the perfect freight carrier can be a daunting task. With so many options to consider, it’s easy to get confused and frustrated with too many options to choose from.
However, our Freight Technology Platform was built to make it easy to see a list of carriers and couriers on one screen. All our users have to do is simply choose the best service and price that suits their. We know that time and money is valuable to people, which is why we work tirelessly and offer only the best carriers that will deliver your freight on time and within your budget.
The carriers we partner with are vetted to the highest standards of safety and security, providing a secure and trustworthy service for your shipment. By streamlining the process so you can easily compare services and prices, we make sure you always get the best deal.
We understand that every shipment is unique and different requirements need to be considered when booking a courier. That’s why we have made it easy to find the right service for your shipment, easily compare prices and book in just a few clicks. With our platform, you can rest assured that your freight is in good hands.
By partnering with the best carriers and couriers across the country, we ensure that your goods get to their destination safely and on time.
With One World Courier, you can rest assured that we only work with vetted and reputable freight carriers who are equipped to handle any freight booking we send their way. We take pride in our reputation of providing high-quality freight and shipping services, and our carrier partners share that same commitment to excellence.
We believe in partnering with courier companies that are nimble and reliable, and can get your freight delivered to your door in the shortest time frame. At One World Courier, we make it our mission to ensure that your freight arrives on time and in the same condition it left your premises.
Don’t waste time sorting through the maze of freight carriers and delivery services on different websites. Let One World Courier simplify the process for you and provide you with the comfort of knowing that your freight and cargo is in the hands of the best carriers in the business.
How do I create One World Courier account?
To sign up for a free account with One World Courier, simply add your name, company name, and email address. Once you’ve confirmed your email address, you’ll be able to login and start using our freight platform to generate quotes, select the best one and get a feel for how the platform works..
If you have any questions about our freight platform, you can watch video tutorials, read self-help guides and FAQ’s. Not forgetting of course that every One World Customer has access to a highly-responsive customer service and support teams who are always there to assist when you need a hand.
What are the benefits of using the One World Courier freight management platform?
- Access to multiple carriers and couriers: A freight management platform such as One World Courier’s offers access to a vast network of carriers and couriers, including many you may not have heard of before. With a wider range of options to choose from, with our platform you can easily compare prices and services to find the best shipping option that suits your needs.
- Easy comparison and selection: As we said before, you can easily compare freight quotes, prices and services from different carriers and couriers in one place, saving you the time and hassle of shopping around. Everything you need is one on screen, so no matter whether you’re sending a 3 KG box from MonaVale in NSW to Richmond in VIC, or a 200KG table from Melbourne VIC to New York, USA – you can do it with our platform. To get to the best value you’re looking for, simply filter the results by delivery time, cost, and carrier reputation, making it easier to select the best option you feel comfortable with.
- Carrier vetting and reputation: Our carriers and couriers undergo a series of checks and interviews before be partner with them, ensuring that only the most reliable and trustworthy service providers are available on the platform. This helps you avoid the risks associated with using unknown carriers and provides peace of mind knowing your shipments are in good hands.
- Customised solutions: A freight management platform can offer customized solutions tailored to your specific shipping needs. From choosing specialised packaging and box size requirements to creating your own branded portal with the ability to add as many users as you want.
- Time-saving automation: A freight management platform automates many aspects of the shipping process, from placing a booking to tracking and financial reporting. This saves you time and allows you to focus on other important aspects of your business such as getting new customers, managing your inventory and making sure your staff are working on important tasks and not wasting time wondering how to get the best freight quotes from different websites.
- Improved visibility: A freight management platform provides real-time visibility into your shipments, allowing you to track them at every stage of the shipping process. This helps you stay informed and make better decisions such as planning equipment required to unload trucks and ramping up extra staff to cater for the influx of orders. A shipping platform is so much more than just a place to get a quick quote.
- Enhanced customer service: A freight management platform will provide enhanced customer service, with dedicated support teams available to help you with any issues or questions you may have about a shipment or booking. They will also help with preparing the correct paperwork for import/export shipments as well as handle any questions about shipping labels and extra documents.
- Cost savings: Using a freight management platform can save you money on shipping costs. By accessing competitive shipping prices from multiple carriers, you can find the best value for your money – on one screen. It’s fast, convenient, reliable and robust enough to handle anything you throw at it. Whether you’re sending 2 boxes a week or processing 100’s of e-commerce shipments a day, a freight management platform can do it all.
- Reduced risk: A freight management platform can help reduce the risks associated with shipping, such as lost or damaged shipments. One World Courier Freight Management Platform has in-built warranty for every shipment booked (AUD$250, with an option to increase it to $1500 for a few dollars). For more valuable and fragile shipments, insurance cover is available at very competitive rates. Why risk a valuable shipment when for a tiny fraction of the replacement value of the goods, you can relax knowing if something goes wrong, everything will be taken care of.
- Greater flexibility: A freight management platform can offer greater flexibility in terms of shipping options and schedules. This can help you meet tight deadlines to keep your business running at its best. One World Courier is more than a freight platform because as well as great prices and customer support, we offer creative ways to save money on freight and are constantly reviewing delivery rates, routes and implementing multiple location hubs, where freight can pass-through and be handled by multiple delivery services in a seamless process.
- Scalability: A freight management platform can accommodate the growth of your business, with scalable solutions that can adapt to your changing shipping needs such as adding more carriers, more users, better address book management, improved notifications, custom reporting, financial modelling, reflective reporting on your shipping history making suggestions on how to improve on past shipping performance.
- Integration with existing systems: A freight management platform can integrate with your existing business systems, such as your e-commerce platform or inventory management system, making it easier to manage your shipping processes. It will also integrate with the most popular financial management platforms such as Xero Accounting.
- Competitive advantage: By using a freight management platform, you can gain a competitive advantage over your competitors by offering faster, more reliable and cost-effective shipping solutions to your customers. Improve how your inventory flows into your business by managing pickup and delivery times more efficiently.
What if I have questions about my shipment?
If there are ever any questions you need to ask about a shipment, we will be available to help.
As a One World Courier customer, you’ll rarely need to contact the carrier directly, because our dedicated customer support team are here to do all the work for you. As soon as a booking is made through the platform, we take care of everything for you. We do this because we know that you just want to make a freight booking, then get on with running your business. Just remember, we have the expertise and resources to manage every shipment until it’s delivered.
We understand at times, it can be stressful organising the sending and receiving of freight, and that many business owners are not familiar with how to choose the best freight option for their needs. This is why we offer a free trial account so you can try our platform and see how it works. There’s also no sign up fees, or ongoing charges to use the platform, in fact, you only pay for the freight.
Feel free to use the freight platform to shop around and compare prices, because this is the only way to find the most competitive prices. Instead of offering just cheap pricing for freight pickup and delivery we also help you to understand how the final price is created, so you can make an quick decision on which service is best.
One World Courier also offer a range of additional services to help businesses improve their freight and shipping tasks, including:
A range of tracking and reporting features
One World Courier is your complete solution for freight and shipping needs,providing a wide range of freight services that go way beyond your expectation. We offer real-time tracking and reporting features, ensuring that you always know where your shipments are located.
Flexible payment options:
With a variety of flexible payment options, such as credit card, debit card, and bank transfer, you can choose what works best for your business.
A dedicated Customer Support team:
Our dedicated customer support team is always available to answer any questions you may have about using our platform or gathering the correct paperwork to ensure seamless delivery of your freight. We take the frustration out of the shipping process, handling all the necessary steps to ensure hassle-free delivery. From pickup to delivery, our team of experts will be with you every step of the way, providing exceptional customer service and support. Let us simplify your freight shipping needs so you can focus on growing your business.
No more overspending on shipping costs.
Are you tired of overspending on your shipping costs for cartons, boxes, pallets, and more? Look no further than because we specialise in providing cost-effective shipping solutions that can save you money and an awful lot of time. With our expertise, you can be confident that your shipments will arrive at their destination safely and on time.
If there is an issue of any kind, our Freight Operations Teams are alerted insyantly and will step in and contact the carrier to get an instant update and let you know the outcome. You won’t have to ever worry about wasting precious time on-hold waiting in a queue to speak to a carrier helpdesk.
Our platform was built on smart technology including instant messaging, SMS alerts, email and Messenger notifications, live chat and of course – the good old-fashioned phone call. You will always be kept up to date about your shipment and you will never feel out of the loop.
At One World Courier, we go above and beyond for our customers. We provide a fully tailored service that is designed to meet your individual needs and requirements – no matter how big or small they may be.
If you’re interested in finding out more about how we can help you save money on sending or receiving cartons, boxes, pallets etc, then get in touch. Contact us today to find out more.