Sending Ugly Freight – Quick Reference Guide.
If you’re sending ‘ugly’ freight in Australia, there are a few things you need to know. First, what is ugly freight? Ugly freight is generally big and heavy awkward loads that don’t fit well on standard trucks.
So, what is ugly freight?
Ugly freight is a term used in the shipping industry to describe cargo that is difficult to transport or handle. This can include oversized or overweight cargo and industrial components. Ugly freight often requires special handling and equipment, which can add to the cost of shipping.Ugly freight often requires special handling when being picked up and delivered, and extra care to ensure it arrives safely at its destination.
Examples of ugly freight.
- Long metal bars
- Plastic extrusion molding
- Plastic pipes
- Long Cut Lengths of Steel
- Engine Castings
- Rainwater Tanks
- Concrete Tubes & Pipes
- Large Plate or Sheet Steel
- Construction Materials such as Timber or MDF
- Roofing Sheets
- Awkward sporting accessories (javelins, goal posts)
- Electrical components, (transformers, street lights)
- Boating accessories (engines, canopies)
- Car engines, gearboxes, diffs, body parts
- Yacht masts and accessories
- Aviation parts (blades, engines, wheels, wings)
Whilst in-transit by road, ugly freight can also pose a danger to other drivers of vehicles of all shapes and sizes. At times, if ugly freight is also large and can sit over the edges of the truck. Special permission and clearance from main roads departments, power companies and police can often be required.
You may have seen whole houses and mining equipment being transported by road with a police escort, this is because they can be a danger to the surrounding environment. Although One World Courier does not arrange pickup and delivery quotes for oversized mining equipment and houses via our booking platform, will can advise you on the best way to get your oversized ugly freight from A to B, and what additional precautions need to be taken – if any.
Sending ugly freight.
There are a few things to consider when arranging transport for ugly freight. If you’re not using a freight booking platform you can simply phone around and choose a freight company that specialises in this type of freight. There are many companies who offer ugly freight services so it’s best to do your research and find the right one that suits your needs and budget.
Which trucks are best for ugly freight?
The next thing to consider is which trucks are best for this type of freight. There are many different trucks on the market but not all of them are suitable for ugly freight.
One World Courier partners with freight companies who have truck fleets of all shapes and sizes that are specifically designed for ugly freight and can cater to your specific needs. Our freight partners have at their disposal a wide range of trucks servicing 1000’s of delivery routes in Australia. Because our freight partner network is vast and diverse, using our quoting and booking platform gives you so many choices. It’s up to you just which service meets your needs.
Send ugly freight – express or economy.
Some of our customers choose a more price sensitive option and are happy for the ugly freight to arrive at its destination in a reasonable time frame. Other have time-sensitive delivery needs and opt for the fastest service, because getting freight moving fast, is their business KPI.
Remember, if you’re sending ugly, big or heavy freight in Australia, we do all the work of finding the right freight company and the right truck to do the job.
As you can see, there are a few things to consider when sending ugly freight in Australia. By taking the time to understand what is ugly freight and how to send it, you can be sure you freight arrives safely and on time.
Getting a competitive ‘ugly freight’ quote is easy with One World Courier. Sign up for a trial account here.
Benefits of a One World Courier freight account.
- Dedicated support support team, ready to help you with your questions.
Reach out to us on live chat, email, or phone.
- Personalised onboarding and account setup to match your business freight needs.
- Lifetime training, ongoing help and consulting on best freight options.
- A self-service knowledge base rapidly learn how to get the most out of our platform.
- Full tracking and real-time updates on all shipments.
- No set up fees and no hidden usage charges.
- No minimum use (use when you like).
- Access hundreds of freight delivery options.
- International and Australian freight partners
- Quick quotes. Compare, save and book.
- Low freight rates from the world’s most trusted carriers.
- Use us when you need to compare freight quotes.